Waste is one of the most significant environmental impacts on the construction industry. Lawmens has developed a portfolio of consultancy services that work in parallel with our waste services to minimise a project’s impact on the environment, ensuring all consideration are made and our clients are in compliance with building regulations, legislation and best practice.
Our sustainability services include:
- Environmental assessment
- Pre-demolition waste audits
- Building performance analysis
- Ecology & aboricultural consulting
- Sustainability for planning
Lawmens are ideally placed to provide these services due to our expertise and early engagement in every project.
Lawmens has experienced and accredited BREEAM, WELL, Ska, LEED & Fitwel Assessors who can undertake full assessments for the following types of buildings:
- Commercial (Offices, Retail, Industrial)
- Public (Education, Higher Education, Healthcare, Prisons, Courts)
- Multi-Residential institutions (Halls of residence, Military Barracks, etc)
- Other Buildings (such as hotels, libraries, cinemas, crèche and sports facilities)
Pre-refurbishment/demolition waste audits
Our pre-demolition and pre-refurbishment audits provide clients with independent advice about the products and materials that can be reused or recycled prior to demolition or major refurbishment. Our client can then use this report to set targets and objectives within the demolition or refurbishment tender documents to ensure best practice in resource efficiency is adopted by the appointed contractor.
Building performance analysis
- SAP, SBEM and DSM modelling for Part L
- Energy Strategies / Energy Assessments for planning
- Low and Zero Carbon Feasibility Studies
Ecology & aboricultural consulting
- Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA)
- Ecological Constraints and Opportunities (ECOP)
- Protected Species Assessment
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)
- BREEAM Ecology Reports
Sustainability for planning
Lawmens provides planning and early design stage advice for clients. Our team will work with you to demonstrate compliance with national and local policies. Our fundamental aim is to ensure that any project capitalise on their sustainability opportunities while clearly communicating these achievements to planning authorities.
- Life Cycle Assessment and Carbon Footprinting
- Flood Risk Assessment for planning (FRA Level 1 and 2)
Lawmens assists design teams by providing a comprehensive, practical and hands-on approach to sustainability. We have a robust understanding of environmental legislation, and appreciate the limitations, and frustrations, that arise when designing buildings. We will work with you to proactively guide your team throughout the journey to achieve the agreed outcomes.
Lawmens provide free of charge Continual Professional Development courses to all of our clients.
Our courses include:
- Sustainable Waste Management
- Sustainable Design
- Building Regulations Part L2a & L2b
- BREEAM, WELL & Ska